ANVS updates guide on level 3 probabilistic safety analysis
The ANVS has updated the guide on level 3 probabilistic safety analysis. This safety analysis is a risk analysis that a licensee or licence applicant for a nuclear facility in The Netherlands is obliged to perform. The ANVS has updated the guide taking into account the latest insights. The latest developments in legislation on radiological requirements for nuclear facilities are also incorporated.
The guide is updated because the old guide dates from 1993 and no international guide from the International Atomic Energy Agency is available for level 3 probabilistic safety analysis. For level 1 and 2 recent international guides are available.
In the new guide the following changes are incorporated:
- the adjustment to the prevailing dose limit values,
- the adjustment to the prevailing risk factor,
- an explanation of a number of steps in the computational models,
- a discussion of the atmospheric dispersion model,
- implications of the Guidelines on the Safe Design and ,Operation of Nuclear Reactors.